ECO GLASS/ HM offers superior performance making it the clear choice for those seeking serious LEED results.
ECO GLASS/HM provides energy efficiency without compromising visual transparency. This is done by selectively reflecting invisible heat while transmitting visible light. With ECO GLASS/HM.
- R-Values range from R-5 to R-20, compared to Low-E R-Values of R-2 to R-5.
- Glass units come in a variety of widths, 3/4" to 2".
- Depending on the R-value required, choose Argon or Krypton gas fills or a combination of Krypton and Xenon.
- "Tune" window performance for North/South/East/West exposures with 6 different films.
- Save up to 30% on ongoing energy costs.
Ultraviolet energy from the sun is responsible for more than half of the damage to fabrics and furnishings that are exposed to sunlight entering through windows. This is an especially sensitive issue in museums, libraries, art galleries and solariums where artifacts, books and works of art must be protected from deterioration over long time periods. With ECO GLASS/HM:
- 99.5% of the sun's damaging UV rays are blocked.
- Fading of fabrics and furnishings is dramatically reduced.
Having windows usually means comfort will be compromised in the summer months with extra heat and in the Winter months with cold zones. Not so with ECO GLASS/HM!
- No winter chill. No summer “campfire” effect.
- Glass is warm to the touch.
- It is possible to sit closer to the window: a plus for locations such as restaurants and libraries as well as solariums.
- Eliminates the need (and expense) of perimeter heaters.
Providing a visually stimulating environment for building occupants while minimizing glare is possible with ECO GLASS/HM. Benefits include:
- Optimal daylighting range 50%-65% for an excellent work environment.
- Reduction in annual perimeter-zone lighting energy up to 60% to 70%.
- Reduction in building energy use by 10 % to 30%.
- Reduction in building air conditioning and heating.
In certain applications, such as libraries, museums and health care facilities, high humidity levels are often required. This poses a challenge for designers to strike the right balance between environmental needs and available window options. In these types of applications, ECO GLASS/HM provides up to four times the insulation of dual pane windows, resulting in a warmer inside glass surface and reducing condensation. With ECO GLASS/HM:
- Thermal performance is 50% better than Low-E glass.
- The chance of damage caused by condensation is reduced; the life expectancy of the windows is extended.
- A healthy environment is achieved and maintained.
- In the case of institutions such as libraries and museums, collections are in an appropriate environment to properly protect and maintain them.
- Wintertime condensation is not a problem in applications such as pools, spas, sunrooms, solariums and computer rooms.
Noisy environments benefit from ECO GLASS/HM’s unique construction that insulates against unwanted sound transmission better than ordinary double-pane windows. Compare the Sound Transmission Ratings (STC) with ECO GLASS/HM.
Several design challenges that do not apply to vertical glazing are encountered with sloped glazing. These include: snow-loads, ponding, excessive solar intensity, safety and degradation in insulation performance. With ECO GLASS/HM:
- Higher light transmission and lower reflectivity is achieved in sloped glazing.
- 96% of thermal protection is retained, versus 54% for low-e glass.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System® provides guidelines for environmentally sustainable construction. While products alone are not awarded points by the LEED rating systems, choosing the right green products contribute to achievement of LEED milestones. With ECO GLASS/HM it is possible to leverage your glass design to achieve up to 21 LEED points.
For more information on how ECO GLASS/HM can help contribute to LEED points, Contact Us.
Detailed information on the performance and benefits of ECO GLASS/ HM products is provided in our Architect Information Binder that can be downloaded.